Welcome to Ullapoolcommunity.org
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Ullapool Community Trust's Website.
Ullapool Community Trust is located at:
28, Argyle Street Ullapool, Ullapool, Ross Shire, United Kingdom, IV26 2UB
By accessing this website, we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Ullapool Community Trust's website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “User”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the user and ourselves, or either the User or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of transactions, financial or otherwise, necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the User in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the User’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of the United Kingdom. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to the same.
- all material on Ullapoolcommunity.org. All intellectual property rights are reserved.
- You may view and/or print pages from http://ullapoolcommunity.org/ for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from http://ullapoolcommunity.org/
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://ullapoolcommunity.org/
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://ullapoolcommunity.org/
- Redistribute content from Ullapool Community Trust (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
Becoming a Registered Member of Ullapool Community Trust and Ullapooolcommunity.org
Our Community Trust relies on a strong membership to be effective in improving social, economic and environmental aspects of the community. A healthy membership demonstrates local support for UCT’s aims and objectives and adds weight to funding applications for projects.
Who Can Join?
Anyone over the age of 17
12-16yr olds can become junior members
You must be resident in our geographical remit area
If you are not resident within our remit area you can apply for associate membership
For details on how to become a member visit our membership page
All membership is now free, and you can opt out at any time by sending us a written request by email or by post.
By registering to be part of our online community network you are subscribing to become a member of the Trust, if you are not already subscribed, you can also fill out an application form which are available from our offices. Or by email via the contact information below. By becoming a member, you are agreeing to;
- The objectives of UCT laid out in our Articles of Association which are available on request and on our website.
- You are subscribing to these terms and conditions
- You will have membership benefits from all the rights of voting and additional perks associated with membership
- You can cancel or opt out of your membership at any time given formal notice
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data ('Comments') in areas of the website. Ullapool Community Trust does not screen, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their appearance on the website and Comments do not reflect the views or opinions of Ullapool Community Trust, its agents or affiliates.
Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Ullapool Community Trusts shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Ullapool Community Trust reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You Warrant and Represent That:
You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not infringe any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark, or other proprietary right of any third party; The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material or material which is an invasion of privacy, The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- You hereby grant to Ullapool Community Trust a non-exclusive royalty-free license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
External Links Policy
The appearance of external links on this Web site do not constitute endorsement by Ullapool Community Trust of external Web sites or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than informational activities and our charitable objectives, Ullapool Community Trust does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find via these links. These links are provided in parallel with the stated terms and conditions of this Web site.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer:
- are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
If you have any queries regarding any of our terms, please contact us.
Privacy & Data Protection Policy
Ullapool Community Trust
Scottish registered company no. SC356419 Scottish registered charity no.SC041228
Postal address – 28 Argyle Street, Ullapool, IV26 2UB
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.ullapoolcommunity.org
Facebook page – @UllapoolCT
PRIVACY NOTICE under the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU
The Ullapool Community Trust (“the charity”) collects and holds certain personal data for the purpose of fulfilling its charitable objects, as recorded at the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator.
The charity will record and process personal data about its trustees, members, supporters, employees, volunteers, contractors, staff of partner or funder organisations, attendees at charity events and other (natural) persons who have logged an interest in the charity or its activities with the charity from time to time.
The charity’s lawful basis for processing data will vary according to the data subject, but for example in the case of members of the charity, it will be to administer their contracts of membership; for staff and contractors, staff of partner or funder organisations, it will be to administer their contracts with the charity; and for supporters & volunteers it will be in relation to legal obligations/requirements and/or their consent.
The charity will take all reasonably practicable measures to keep that personal data safe and secure.
The charity will only pass personal data to 3rd parties without the consent of the data subject where it is necessary to do so in support of the fulfilment of our charitable objects.
The charity will never, ever sell, rent or trade personal data to any 3rd party.
The charity’s data retention periods will follow the statutory guidelines, and for example we may retain data about members of the charity for the entire duration of their membership and up to 6 years afterwards where this is necessary.
You have the right to:- be provided with the data we hold about you, rectify/update that data, ask us to delete that data, restrict processing, data portability, object to our use of your data, not to be subject to automated decision making. We will comply within one month of your request, but the consequence may be that we will be unable to continue our relationship with you if we cannot hold and process the necessary data about you.
Please write to or email us to make a request or make a complaint in relation to your personal data at the relevant address above.
Issued May 2018